71 killed in Israeli attack on Iran prison, official says

The June 23 strike targeted the infamous Evin Prison in Tehran.

President Donald Trump told ABC News on Tuesday morning he is "not happy" with either Israel or Iran after the opening hours of a nascent ceasefire between the two combatants were marred by reported exchanges. Trump said Iran and Israel both "violated" the ceasefire that he announced late on Monday.

Through last week, the president and his administration continued to push back on an early intelligence report suggesting that the U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities may have only set Tehran's nuclear program back by months.

Jun 24, 2025, 7:20 AM EDT

Trump 'not happy,' says both Israel, Iran have violated ceasefire

President Donald Trump told ABC News on Tuesday morning he is "not happy" with either Israel or Iran after the opening hours of a nascent ceasefire between the two combatants were marred by reported exchanges.

Trump said Iran and Israel both "violated" the ceasefire that he announced late on Monday, in comments made as he departed the White House.

PHOTO: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu | Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei | Donald Trump
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (L) looks in Washington, DC, on April 7, 2025, a handout picture released by the official website of Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei (C) in Tehran on March 20, 2025, and US President Donald Trump (R) in Washington, DC, on April 7, 2025.
Saul Loeb/AFP/Iranian Supreme Leader's Website/AFP via Getty Images

"Israel, as soon as we made the deal, they came out and dropped a boat load of bombs the likes of which I've never seen before," Trump said. "The biggest load that we've seen, I'm not happy with Israel."

"Ok, when I say now you have 12 hours, you don't go out in the first hour and just drop everything you have on them," the president added. "So, I'm not happy with him. I'm not happy with Iran either."

Trump said he was "unhappy if Israel is going out this morning because of one rocket that didn't land, that was shot perhaps by mistake, but didn't land," referring to Israeli allegations -- denied by Tehran -- that Iran fired missiles toward Israel on Tuesday after the ceasefire came into effect.

"We basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard, that they don't know what the f--- they're doing," Trump said.

Asked if he believed Iran was still committed to peace, Trump replied, "I do."

-ABC News' Rachel Scott

Jun 24, 2025, 7:05 AM EDT

Trump warns Israel not to violate ceasefire

President Donald Trump on Tuesday morning warned Israel not to violate the nascent ceasefire with Iran by launching new military strikes.

In a post to social media, the president wrote, "ISRAEL. DO NOT DROP THOSE BOMBS. IF YOU DO IT IS A MAJOR VIOLATION. BRING YOUR PILOTS HOME, NOW!"

President Donald Trump speaks with reporters before boarding Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, D.C., on June 24, 2025.
Evan Vucci/AP
Jun 24, 2025, 5:57 AM EDT

Iranian army denies ceasefire violation, state media says

The General Staff of Iran's armed forces denied firing any missiles toward Israel on Tuesday morning, according to a statement carried by the state-aligned Tasnim news agency.

The Israel Defense Forces said two missiles were launched at Israel from Iran at 10:30 a.m. local time -- 3:30 a.m. ET. The IDF said the alleged launches violated a ceasefire agreement that President Donald Trump said came into force in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

-ABC News' Guy Davies

Jun 24, 2025, 4:53 AM EDT

Israel to use 'force' to respond to Iran missiles, IDF says

The Israel Defense Forces said it will respond "with force" to what it called a "severe violation of the ceasefire carried out by the Iranian regime" on Tuesday morning.

The IDF said it detected missiles launched toward Israel -- a report denied by Iranian state television -- from Iran shortly after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced Israel's acceptance of a bilateral ceasefire, which hours before President Donald Trump said all sides had agreed to.

IDF Chief of the General Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir said in a statement, "In light of the severe violation of the ceasefire carried out by the Iranian regime, we will respond with force."

Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said in a statement, “I have instructed the IDF to respond forcefully to Iran's violation of the ceasefire with powerful strikes against regime targets in the heart of Tehran."

-ABC News' Guy Davies

Sponsored Content by Taboola