71 killed in Israeli attack on Iran prison, official says

The June 23 strike targeted the infamous Evin Prison in Tehran.

President Donald Trump told ABC News on Tuesday morning he is "not happy" with either Israel or Iran after the opening hours of a nascent ceasefire between the two combatants were marred by reported exchanges. Trump said Iran and Israel both "violated" the ceasefire that he announced late on Monday.

Through last week, the president and his administration continued to push back on an early intelligence report suggesting that the U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities may have only set Tehran's nuclear program back by months.

Jun 25, 2025, 12:10 AM EDT

Trump doubles down on claim that Iranian nuclear sites were 'completely destroyed'

President Donald Trump doubled down on his claim that Iranian nuclear sites were "completely destroyed" following U.S. strikes on Saturday.

In a social media post late Tuesday, he asserted that the media was trying to "demean one of the most successful military strikes in history."

President Donald Trump arrives for a formal dinner at the Huis Ten Bosch Palace during the NATO Summit in The Hauge, Netherlands, June 24, 2025.
Sean Kilpatrick/The Canadian Press via AP

An early intelligence assessment indicated that the strikes did not fully eliminate the country’s nuclear program and likely only set it back by months, according to two people familiar with an early intelligence assessment.

The report, which is classified, was produced by the Defense Intelligence Agency and U.S. Central Command. The findings could evolve as the Defense Department and the intelligence community collect more information.

-ABC News' Kelsey Walsh

Jun 24, 2025, 9:01 PM EDT

Special envoy calls 'leak' of strike report 'treasonous,' says Iran-Israel ceasefire is holding

Special Envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkoff suggested Tuesday an initial intelligence assessment of Iran's nuclear capabilities after U.S. strikes was leaked, calling such a move "treasonous."

“Well, it goes without saying that -- that leaking that type of information, whatever the information, whatever side it comes out on, is outrageous," Witkoff said, speaking to Fox News' Laura Ingraham. "It's -- it's treasonous. So it ought to be investigated."

The initial assessment by the U.S. Central Command and the Defense Intelligence Agency concluded that U.S. strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities did not completely destroy the county's nuclear program but likely set it back by a few months.

Witkoff also assured that the ceasefire between Israel and Iran is holding.

"The proof is in the pudding, no one's shooting at each other," he said. "It's over.”

When asked if Iran could resume its nuclear enrichment program within a matter of months, Witkoff said it’s “not even conceivable.”

-ABC News' Kelsey Walsh

Jun 24, 2025, 8:18 PM EDT

New satellite images show damage from US strikes on Iranian nuclear sites

New satellite images released by Maxar Technologies show damage at three nuclear-associated facilities in Iran following the U.S. airstrikes on June 22.

The photos over the Fordo fuel enrichment facility show craters along access roads leading to tunnel entrances, Maxar said.

Satellite images released by Maxar Technologies show damage to the Fordo nuclear facility in Iran following U.S. strikes.
Satellite image ©2025 Maxar Technologies.

This handout satellite picture provided by Maxar Technologies and taken on June 24, 2025, shows craters along the access roads that lead to the tunnel entrances on Iran's Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant northeast of the city of Qom.
Maxar Technologies/AFP via Getty Images

Photos above the Isfahan site show damage from airstrikes to tunnel entrances, according to Maxar.

Satellite images released by Maxar Technologies show damage to the Isfahan nuclear facility in Iran following U.S. strikes.
Satellite image ©2025 Maxar Technologies.

-ABC News' Kerem Inal

Jun 24, 2025, 7:51 PM EDT

Classified report on damage to Iran's nuclear program viewed by some senators

The initial classified assessment on damage to Iran's nuclear program by U.S. strikes made it to Capitol Hill Tuesday evening where it was reviewed by some senators, multiple aides confirmed to ABC News.

Members of Senate leadership and the Senate Intelligence Committee had the opportunity to view the document in a classified setting.

Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., the vice chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, viewed the document, as did Sen. Mark Kelly, D-Ariz., who is a member of the committee.

PHOTO: Senate Intel Hearing
WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 25: Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) questions witnesses during a Senate Committee on Intelligence hearing "to examine worldwide threats," in Washington, DC on March 25, 2025.
Anadolu via Getty Images

Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., said he had "seen some stuff" when asked about the assessment but did not specify what specifically he had seen.

Senators did not give details about what they saw in the classified document.

Warner appeared on CNN on Tuesday and declined to comment on the specifics of what was detailed in the preliminary report.

"But I've got a lot of questions for the administration," Warner said. "I can tell you there was plenty of debate in the open domain about whether bunker buster bombs alone could take out Iran's facilities. We also have got questions about where all of Iran's enriched uranium is located at this point and if it's not taken out, what next? Are troops still in harm's way?"

-ABC News' Allison Pecorin

Sponsored Content by Taboola