National Intelligence director declassifies 60,000 RFK assassination files
Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard on Wednesday announced the release of about 60,000 files on the 1968 assassination of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy. That's in addition to some 10,000 files released last month.
These “additional investigative materials corroborate this previously released information,” Gabbard said.

“As was first uncovered in the initial tranche of 10,000 RFK files, there were rumors circulating on foreign soil that Senator Kennedy had been shot one month prior to his true assassination date,” she explained.
According to Gabbard, the newly released files “have been sitting in various storage facilities across the federal government for decades and had never been digitized or accessible to the public before.”
The latest release includes the Los Angeles Police Department’s interviews with Sirhan Sirhan, the man who assassinated Kennedy, as well as recordings of interviews with eyewitnesses.
Gabbard said additional files will continue to be “uploaded alongside the previously released files at archives.gov/rfk to ensure all RFK assassination documents can be found in a centralized, searchable format.”
Some files will have redactions for Social Security numbers, tax identification numbers and grand jury information.
-ABC News' Beatrice Peterson




