71 killed in Israeli attack on Iran prison, official says
The June 23 strike targeted the infamous Evin Prison in Tehran.
President Donald Trump told ABC News on Tuesday morning he is "not happy" with either Israel or Iran after the opening hours of a nascent ceasefire between the two combatants were marred by reported exchanges. Trump said Iran and Israel both "violated" the ceasefire that he announced late on Monday.
Through last week, the president and his administration continued to push back on an early intelligence report suggesting that the U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities may have only set Tehran's nuclear program back by months.
Latest headlines:
New satellite images show damage from US strikes on Iranian nuclear sites
New satellite images released by Maxar Technologies show damage at three nuclear-associated facilities in Iran following the U.S. airstrikes on June 22.
The photos over the Fordo fuel enrichment facility show craters along access roads leading to tunnel entrances, Maxar said.
Photos above the Isfahan site show damage from airstrikes to tunnel entrances, according to Maxar.
-ABC News' Kerem Inal
Classified report on damage to Iran's nuclear program viewed by some senators
The initial classified assessment on damage to Iran's nuclear program by U.S. strikes made it to Capitol Hill Tuesday evening where it was reviewed by some senators, multiple aides confirmed to ABC News.
Members of Senate leadership and the Senate Intelligence Committee had the opportunity to view the document in a classified setting.
Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., the vice chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, viewed the document, as did Sen. Mark Kelly, D-Ariz., who is a member of the committee.
Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., said he had "seen some stuff" when asked about the assessment but did not specify what specifically he had seen.
Senators did not give details about what they saw in the classified document.
Warner appeared on CNN on Tuesday and declined to comment on the specifics of what was detailed in the preliminary report.
"But I've got a lot of questions for the administration," Warner said. "I can tell you there was plenty of debate in the open domain about whether bunker buster bombs alone could take out Iran's facilities. We also have got questions about where all of Iran's enriched uranium is located at this point and if it's not taken out, what next? Are troops still in harm's way?"
-ABC News' Allison Pecorin
IAEA director general says Iran's nuclear program set back, but couldn't say how long
Iran’s nuclear program has been set back "significantly," the director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency said in an interview on Fox News Tuesday. But he didn’t specify whether that meant "years."
IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi described Iran’s nuclear capabilities before June 13 and said their nuclear capabilities are now as "night and day."
"But it is clear that there is one Iran before June 13 -- nuclear Iran -- and one now,” he told Fox News. “It is night and day.”
When asked about where Iran potentially moved enriched uranium, Grossi said the IAEA does not know, and stressed the need for inspection activity to resume.
"We do not have information of the whereabouts of this material," he said. "The way to assert that is to allow the inspection activity to resume as soon as possible and this would be for the benefit of all."
Grossi said he "wouldn’t argue" with Vice President JD Vance’s statement on Fox News when he said Iran’s nuclear program has been obliterated without the ability to enrich uranium to 90% and convert that to a nuclear weapon.
Saying "60% is not 90[%]," he added, "So, I agree the Vice President is right in his assessment, from the perspective of the United States of America. He's talking about a military mission, and the criteria for success. I respect that, but my job is a different one. All right, my job is to try to see where is this material, because Iran has an obligation to report and account for all the material that they have."
2 Holocaust survivors killed in Iranian strikes on Israel
Two Holocaust survivors were killed in separate Iranian strikes on Israel during the 12-day war, the Israeli Holocaust Survivors’ Rights Authority told ABC News.
Bella Ashkenazi, 94, was killed after an Iranian missile strike on Bat Yam during the night between June 14 and 15, the Bat Yam municipality spokesperson told ABC News. Ashkenazi was born in Bulgaria, according to the Holocaust Survivors’ Rights Authority.
Ivette Shmilovich, 95, was killed after an Iranian missile strike on Petah Tikva on June 16. She was born in Romania, according to the Holocaust Survivors’ Rights Authority. Her funeral was held Tuesday.
About 20 Holocaust survivors’ homes were damaged after the Iranian missile strikes in Be’er Sheva Tuesday morning before the ceasefire went into full effect, a spokesperson for the Authority told ABC News. The 20 people were evacuated from their homes, the spokesperson said.
-ABC News' Dana Savir