71 killed in Israeli attack on Iran prison, official says
The June 23 strike targeted the infamous Evin Prison in Tehran.
President Donald Trump told ABC News on Tuesday morning he is "not happy" with either Israel or Iran after the opening hours of a nascent ceasefire between the two combatants were marred by reported exchanges. Trump said Iran and Israel both "violated" the ceasefire that he announced late on Monday.
Through last week, the president and his administration continued to push back on an early intelligence report suggesting that the U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities may have only set Tehran's nuclear program back by months.
Latest headlines:
Trump says ceasefire 'now in effect'
At 1:08 a.m. ET, President Donald Trump posted to social media urging Israel and Iran to pause attacks per what the White House said was a ceasefire deal.
"THE CEASEFIRE IS NOW IN EFFECT," Trump wrote. "PLEASE DO NOT VIOLATE IT! DONALD J. TRUMP, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!"
-ABC News' Mary Bruce
4 dead, several injured after Iran strikes in Israel
Four people were killed and several more injured in the southern Israeli city of Be’er Sheva by an Iranian attack, according to a spokesperson for Magen David Adom (MDA), Israel's national emergency medical service.
The fatalities included a woman and a man both aged around 40, plus a man aged around 20, according to MDA.
Two people were moderately injured with 20 more treated for minor injuries and anxiety, the MDA spokesperson said.
The Israel Defense Forces said earlier it had identified missiles launched toward several areas in the country from Iran.
-ABC News' Will Gretsky and Joe Simonetti
Several injured in Israel from Iranian strikes amid Trump's ceasefire announcement
The Israel Defense Forces said it has identified missiles launched toward several areas in the country from Iran.
The IDF said the Air Force is "operating to intercept and strike where necessary to eliminate the threat."
Israeli medical officials said three people were in critical condition, one was in moderate condition and five others were injured from the strikes. The strikes came after President Donald Trump announced on Monday that Israel and Iran had agreed to a ceasefire, but about two hours before the agreement was set to go into effect, under the terms announced by Trump.
An Iranian official said that if Israel agreed to halt its strikes, Iran would as well.
-ABC News' Will Gretsky
Trump spoke with Netanyahu before ceasefire announcement: Sources
President Trump spoke to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday afternoon, multiple sources familiar with the call told ABC News.
The call occurred before Trump announced a ceasefire between Israel and Iran.
-ABC News' Kelsey Walsh