Russia-Ukraine updates: US sanctions Russian military shipbuilder, diamond miner
Russia's largest military shipbuilding and diamond mining firms were targeted.
Russian President Vladimir Putin's "special military operation” into Ukraine began on Feb. 24, with troops crossing the border from Belarus and Russia. Moscow's forces have since been met with “stiff resistance” from Ukrainians, according to U.S. officials.
Russian forces retreated last week from the Kyiv suburbs, leaving behind a trail of destruction. After graphic images emerged of civilians lying dead in the streets of Bucha, U.S. and European officials accused Russian troops of committing war crimes.
For previous coverage, please click here.

Latest headlines:
- US sanctions Russian military shipbuilding and diamond mining companies
- Fox News' Benjamin Hall provides 1st update since being severely injured in shelling
- Situation in Borodyanka 'much worse' than other Ukrainian towns, Zelenskyy says
- Blinken shares graphic details of alleged atrocities in Ukraine
- UN votes to suspend Russia from Human Rights Council
Russia to halt cooperation over International Space Station unless sanctions lifted: Roscosmos CEO
Roscosmos, the Russian state space corporation, said it will present the Russian government with proposals for discontinuing international cooperation on the International Space Station.
"Specific proposals from Roscosmos on the timeframe for ending cooperation on the ISS with the space agencies of the United States, Canada, the European Union and Japan will be submitted to our country's administration in the near future," Roscosmos CEO Dmitry Rogozin said on his Telegram channel.
Resumption of normal cooperation with ISS partners is only possible if the sanctions are fully lifted, Rogozin said.
"I believe that restoration of normal relations between the partners on the International Space Station and other joint projects is possible only if the illegal sanctions are lifted fully and unconditionally," he wrote.
Red Cross traveling to Mariupol once more to evacuate civilians
Red Cross renewed its attempts to send a team to Mariupol on Saturday to evacuate civilians, after a team was unable to reach the city on Friday.
"Our team is on the move this morning from Zaporizhzhia to Mariupol. I'm not able to give further information at this stage," a Red Cross spokesperson said to Reuters.
An estimated 160,000 people are trapped in Mariupol.
A team on Friday had to abandon its plan to send 54 buses and many cars to Mariupol after it was unable to get security guarantees for the convoy.
Pope says he is considering trip to Kyiv
Pope Francis told reporters Saturday that he is considering making a trip to the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv.
Asked by a reporter on the papal plane taking Francis from Rome to Malta if he was considering an invitation made by Ukrainian political and religious authorities, Francis answered: "Yes, it is on the table." He gave no further details.
The pope didn’t mention Russian President Vladimir Putin by name during his remarks, but said "some potentate" had unleashed the threat of nuclear war on the world in an "infantile and destructive aggression" under the guise of "anachronist claims of nationalistic interests."
"We had thought that invasions of other countries, savage street fighting and atomic threats were grim memories of a distant past," Francis added.
-ABC News' Rashid Haddou
Zelenskyy says Russian forces are leaving behind 'a catastrophic situation'
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zeleneksyy claimed Russian forces are leaving behind "a catastrophic situation" and that they are mining the entire territory.
"Occupiers are retreating in the north of our country, slowly but noticeably. Somewhere they are pushed away with fighting, somewhere they are leaving their positions themselves. After their withdrawal, the situation is catastrophic, and there is so much danger," Zelenskyy said.
Zelenskyy then claimed, "First of all, airstrikes might continue. Secondly, they are mining the entire territory, houses, hardware, even the bodies of those killed. There are so many tripwires and other dangers."
He warned that people returning to these territories should be careful as "it's still not possible to return to normal life as it used to be, even at the territories that we are taking back after the fighting. We need wait till our land is de-mined, wait till we are able to assure you that there won't be new shelling."
Zelenskyy claimed Ukrainians have been able to evacuate 6,266 people, including 3,071 residents of Mariupol. He also said they are discussing the evacuation of the injured and killed military personnel and civilians, with Turkey acting as an intermediary.
Zelenskyy said Russian troops are preparing for new "powerful strikes" in the east and warned that Russia is trying to conscript people in Crimea.
Zelenskyy, speaking in Russian, addressed the Russian people, asking them to, "Warn every conscript and their parents that we don't need more killed people here. Take care of your children so that they don't turn into evil. Don't let them go to the army. Do whatever you can to let them live at home, at their home."
-ABC News' Rashid Haddou