Trump shooting updates: Shooter flew drone 200 yards from site hours before shooting
One spectator was killed and two were hurt in the shooting on July 13.
Federal authorities are investigating after former President Donald Trump was shot in the ear in an assassination attempt at an election rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13.
The alleged shooter was killed by snipers. One spectator was killed and two were hurt, officials said.
Latest headlines:
Trump has spoken to relative of man killed at rally
Former President Donald Trump has spoken to a family member of Corey Comperatore, the 50-year-old firefighter who was killed at Saturday’s rally, a source told ABC News.
Comperatore leaves behind a wife and two daughters. His funeral is set for Thursday.
-ABC News’ Rachel Scott
State police provided 'all resources' Secret Service asked for
The Pennsylvania State Police said it provided "all resources" the Secret Service asked for ahead of Saturday’s rally.
The Secret Service's requests included about 30 to 40 troopers to help secure the inside perimeter, the state police said.
The state police said it "was not responsible for securing the building or property at AGR International," which was the building from which the shooter fired from the roof.
Trump's Secret Service protection had been increased prior to assassination attempt due to Iran threat: Sources
The Secret Service in recent weeks had increased Donald Trump's security detail due to intelligence indicating there was an Iranian threat to assassinate the former president, according to three officials familiar with the matter.
There is no indication the plot was related to Saturday's shooting.
The sources have suggested Iran has been making these types of threats since the assassination of Iranian military officer Qasem Soleimani in January 2020.
Click here to read more.
-ABC News’ Luke Barr, Katherine Faulders, Aaron Katersky and Shannon Kingston
Oversight chairman to issue subpoena to ensure Secret Service director attends Monday's hearing
House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer will issue a subpoena for Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle to ensure she attends the committee's hearing on Monday, July 22, a committee spokeswoman said.
"While the Secret Service confirmed Director Cheatle is expected to appear," Comer will issue a subponea "to head off any attempt by [the Department of Homeland Security] to backtrack on her appearance," the spokeswoman said in a statement. "Director Cheatle must answer to Congress and the American people about the historic failure that occurred on her watch."
In the days since the attack, Cheatle and the Secret Service have faced heightening scrutiny for failing to prevent the incident from happening, and even calls from some to resign. Cheatle said she would not resign from her role.
-ABC News’ Lauren Peller and Will Steakin